Immigration / VISA

RDT Abogados is a law firm specializing in legal services in the area of immigration and we are able to assist clients in all possible situations in relation to immigration and residence in Spain.

In these days of globalization, cheap flights, frequent travel and more movement of people than ever. As well as refugees of war, asylum seekers and thousands of people forced to leave their countries of origin.

These circumstances have made it necessary for countries to reinforce their boarders and control of points of entry (airports, ports, roads, etc.) Thus the immigration requisites are stricter than ever.

How can you help me?

Immigration, in general, refers to the movements of people across borders and / or nations. Legal immigration will deal with the movement of people who follow legal routes and legalities to go from one country to another.

Law Firms such as ours regularly deal with this process.

We offer our clients the following services, whether simply going on holiday to Spain or planning to settle and reside in Spain permanently.

  • Tourist visas (up to 90 days visits).
  • Residence, short and long stays.
  • Work permits.
  • Residence permits for family reunification.
  • Permanent residences.
  • Letters of invitation.
  • Renewals for all cases

  • Asylum, political and other exceptional circumstances (human rights abuses, humanitarian, international protection).
  • Student, research, training and academic stays. Volunteering.
  • Spanish nationality: Application, modifications and renewals.

Can I do it on my own?  How can I apply for a visa?

In pure theory no one needs a solicitor or legal assistance to apply for a visa. The application documents do not require the intervention of a solicitor, but since it´s a matter dealt with often in a different language and involves complicated legalities, it is recommended that assistance is sought.

Do I need a visa to visit Spain? What about if I want to live there?

Not everybody needs a visa to travel to Spain. For instance, citizens from EU countries can not only enter without applying for a visa but can reside and work in Spain without any specific requirement beyond some administrative complies.

Citizens of many other countries do not require visas either. There are some countries in Europe and also overseas, whose citizens are entitled to enter Spain for a limited period of time.
I am going for holidays or to visit a person in Spain.

Do I need to apply for a visa? What is it the maximum time I can stay in Spain as a tourist?

You may or may not need a visa depending where you are travelling from (please, see below the list of countries).

The time you are allowed to remain in Spain for a short holiday or visit is 90 days. This is known as a “tourist visa” and allows to entry and stay in Spain for a period of three months.

Please review the following list to verify the requirements that apply to you:

A – Special application process – territories not recognised as States by at least one member of the EU:

  • Palestine

  • Kosovo

B- Entry visa necessary for staying below 90 days (tourist visa):

  • Afganistán
  • Angola
  • Arabia Saudí
  • Argelia
  • Armenia
  • Azerbaiyán
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Belarús
  • Belice
  • Benin
  • Bhután
  • Birmania
  • Bolivia
  • Botswana
  • Burkina Faso
  • Burundi
  • Cabo Verde
  • Camboya
  • Camerún
  • Chad
  • China
  • Colombia
  • Comoras
  • Congo
  • North Korea
  • Costa De Marfil
  • Cuba
  • Djibouti
  • Dominica
  • Ecuador

  • Egipto
  • Eritrea
  • Etiopía
  • Filipinas
  • Fiji
  • Gabon
  • Gambia
  • Georgia
  • Ghana
  • Granada
  • Guinea
  • Guinea Bissau
  • Guinea Ecuatorial
  • Guyana
  • Haití
  • India,
  • Indonesia,
  • Irán
  • Iraq
  • Jamaica
  • Jordania
  • Kazajstán
  • Kenia
  • Kirguistán
  • Kiribati
  • Kuwait
  • Laos
  • Lesoto
  • Líbano
  • Liberia
  • Libia

  • Madagascar
  • Malawi
  • Maldivas
  • Mali
  • Marruecos
  • Marshall Islands
  • Mauritania
  • Micronesia
  • Moldova
  • Mongolia
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • Nauru
  • Nepal
  • Níger
  • Nigeria
  • Omán
  • Pakistán
  • Palau
  • Papua N. Guinea
  • Perú
  • Qatar
  • Rep. Centroafricana
  • Rep. D. Del Congo
  • Dominican Republic
  • Russia
  • Rwanda
  • Salomón
  • Samoan Islands
  • S. Vicente Y Granadinas
  • Santa Lucía

  • Sto. Tomé Príncipe
  • Senegal
  • Sierra Leona
  • Siria
  • Somalia
  • Sri Lanka
  • Sudáfrica
  • Sudán
  • Suriname
  • Swazilandia
  • Thailand
  • Tanzania
  • Tayikistán
  • Timor Oriental
  • Togo
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad Tobago
  • Túnez
  • Turkmenistán
  • Turquía
  • Tuvalu
  • Ucrania
  • Uganda
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Uzbekistán
  • Vanuatu
  • Vietnam
  • Yemen
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe

Naturals of British Overseas Colonies without the right to reside in the UK.

C- Nationalities with automatic right to apply for a visa for stay of up to 90 days:

  • Albania
  • Andorra
  • Antigua Y Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Macedonia
  • Australia
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Bosnia Herzegovina
  • Brasil

  • Brunei
  • Darussalam
  • Canadá
  • Chile
  • South Korea
  • Costa Rica
  • Croacia
  • El Salvador
  • United States
  • Guatemala

  • Honduras
  • Israel
  • Japón
  • Malasia
  • Mauricio
  • México
  • Mónaco
  • Montenegro
  • Nicaragua
  • New Zealand

  • Panamá
  • Paraguay
  • San Cristobal Y Nieves
  • San Marino
  • Vatican States
  • Serbia
  • Seychelles
  • Singapur
  • Uruguay
  • Venezuela

Macao, Hong Kong, Taiwan, British Overseas territories (naturals with the right to reside in the UK).

Please note that the requirements set vary considerably from country to country and also, that some countries set transitory rules for short/ limited time periods.

The information contained in the above lists is for general information only, your exact circumstances and individual requirements will be confirmed at the time of consultation using the most up to date information.

If you would like a no-obligation consultation in relation to any of the above, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0203 475 40 41.

Related Articles

Spanish Nationality

Amendments to Immigration Law